Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I truly don't know what to say about this


One of the craziest stories I've heard in a while. Seriously, almost Mike Tyson crazy. I'm not even sure what to think about it, much less how to poke fun at it. In fact, I can't poke fun at it. We're talking serious shit here. People are coming out now saying that the whole thing is some conspiracy or a publicity stunt. I don't understand that. Who's gaining what from this?

I think T.O. clearly has an anti-social personality, and he's a guy who went from an insecure kid (sobbing in the post-season against Green Bay), to a superstar, to an egomaniacal team-wrecker almost overnight. That's a pretty severe swing. Hell, for two years we've all just been waiting for whatever crazy thing T.O. will do next. Well, there you go. The more I think about all the factors involved here and over the last several years, the more I tend to think this was actually a suicide attempt. Truly, I hope it wasn't, but I'll say this. With what we know of Terrell Owens, can we really put it past him? I hope the guy gets some help.

Lastly, Deadspin did an amazing job following all the developments throughout the day. I highly suggest you read Will's final post of the day, in which he tries to make sense out of a crazy situation. Great read.


The Human Being Vs. The Publicist (Deadspin)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home