Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Karl Malone scares me


Karl Malone has been accused in a lawsuit of offering a $25,000 bribe to a friend and former business partner if said buddy took the fall for an illegal hunting trip back in 1998. Apparently, Karl and the boys had been up in Boise trying to blast elk without permits. Malone thought that this little transgression may hamper his contract talks with the Jazz; hence the bribe. Now, if I was Sidney Ray Davis (yes, that's the friend's real name) I'd have been more than a little irritated that Karl eventually signed a $66.5 million dollar deal that year and yet only offered me a measly 25-grand. Regardless, the lawsuit also claims that Karl's brother threatened Davis with physical harm, which I would have been much less willing to accept.

Anyway, my favorite part of the whole story is the reaction from Malone's lawyer, Randall Call, who naturally says the whole thing is false.

"We've dealt with this kind of extortion before," Call said. "It's a little like terrorism, you can't buckle into it at any time or else it will prevail."

Wow, folks. The "T" word, and just in time for the anniversary of 9/11. I gotta tell you, Karl and his lawyer have been studying up. This defense has worked about 764 straight times for the Republican Party. I wouldn't be surprised if Sidney Ray Davis gets shipped to Gitmo over this. Then again, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Malone just shoots the guy.


Malone accused of offering $25K bribe (FOXSports.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home